Saturday, August 7, 2010

the return.

I'm back from Idaho. It was a good trip; I loved seeing all my family even though the circumstances weren't happy. When I say all my family, I mean ALL my family. All of my aunts and uncles were able to make it from all over the country and lots and lots of cousins.

The funeral services for my grandpa were absolutely perfect. We all laughed at the good old stories about him, like when he had convinced my grandma while they were dating that he was a pimp and was very serious about it until my grandma got so upset that she demanded he take her home (that's always been a personal favorite of mine) but at the same time everyone had such respect for the life that he lived. It was touching. So many people came to show their love for him and it was just visual proof of the good person he was.

I didn't get any pictures while I was there which I now regret but it's ok, it wasn't too exciting. We spent alot of time on grandma's back porch just hangin' out.

On the way back yesterday I took a flight from SLC to Phoenix and then from there to Chicago. Those were the longest flights of my life. On the first one I sat by the nicest old lady that of course smelled like she hadn't bathed in a week and a lady on the other side of me that was SO rude to the flight attendants that I felt bad for even sitting next to her. Also, she had hairy legs. Yuck. THEN, on the flight from Phoenix there was a screaming baby behind me and a girl from Detroit that needed to tell her whole life story THIS LOUD to the guy next to her. Oh airplanes. I need my space. Ha.

I'm SO glad to be back home with Zac now. That was a rough week without him. I love my husband.

Now, I'm trying to get everything in order because our summer is finally winding down! I'm searching high and low for a decent apartment at a decent price in or around Orem. Any suggestions? I've decided that I need a washer and dryer, I've been spoiled this summer by always having one and now I just don't think I can go back.

No comments: