Monday, July 19, 2010

Updates and such.

I was going to do a longer post. There was going to be lots of pictures. But guess what? (grumble grumble) This computer is lame-o. Or I am. One of those. So here are the ones that actually loaded. They're all just a recap of some stuff I've been up to.

These are some necklaces I made a couple weeks ago! One of the other wives here was a ceramics major in college and but now that she has kids she just does smaller stuff like this. She put on a little "class" for us so we could make our own and I love them! My favorite is the one with the chain on it because if you can't tell I'm a little in love with our initials.


Sometimes when Zac is knocking he gets some random stuff from people, this is just one example. He sold a system to someone and they gave him a big frame with this awesome Polish poster in it. I have a bunch of smaller posters from Russia that I planned on putting in my kitchen so this will actually fit in perfectly! PS if anyone can read Polish I'd love to know what it says... It seems a little weird to me so knowing what it means would make me feel better about putting it on a wall.


This picture was behind the Polish poster. Kind of cool? I think? I don't know what I would ever do with it but I know I should keep it around because it will serve some purpose.


Sooo since we've been out here in Chicago I've taken to cooking. It's my new thang. I was getting a pretty big head because I hadn't made a single dinner that Zac didn't like even with recipes I had never tried! So the other night I was attempting to make Southwest egg rolls like the appetizers at Chili's. I only ever use the front burner on my stove but I needed to heat up my oil on the back burner this time. I didn't check before I turned on the heat though and when I turned around there were flames coming up around the sides of my skillet! Ahhh! There must have been something stuck on/under the burner that started it. Now mind you, the flames are coming up around the sides of a pan with oil in it, I just picture the flames getting bigger and starting a big grease fire in the pan! So I started screaming. And hopping (seriously.) around my little kitchen yelling "Um. Zac. Baby. Um." for what seems like FOREVER. I couldn't even say "FIRE!" because apparently I was in the middle of panicking. But he ran in and asked me where the baking powder was so I pointed to the cupboard next to the stove and he took his sweeeet time getting it out. Luckily, Zac knew exactly what to do and didn't panic. What an awesome husband. So this picture is the result. Ta-da. Scary.


3 comments:

Julie Clark said...

Adorable jewelry! It sounds like you two are doing well. I enjoy following your blog. We miss seeing you guys! (ps. I'm glad you guys didn't burn up) :o)

kylee k said...

good thing he knew what to do about the flames! And I LOVE my necklace that you made for me! Sell them seriously, Ill buy tons more! I love you sis!

LOVE
Kylee Kristine

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.