Tuesday, July 17, 2012

teal.

I don't get Saturdays off of work very often but last week was the exception. A whole Saturday off to myself, I had no idea what to do. Well, Friday night I stopped by to see Stephanie and told her I would love to paint my bathroom with the only issue being my lack of desire to buy paint for it. I was at that point where I was over picking colors and debating endlessly on whether I would love it or hate it once it was on the wall, ya know? So Steph, being the kind soul that she is suggested I take a can of teal paint she had left over from painting a dresser. Free paint? Yes, please. So I decided to keep it as my little secret from Zachary and surprise him when he came home that night. It took ALLLLLL day to do it, but it is finished and I am in love. I initially thought it was a little dark for my taste but it has definitely grown on me. Probably because it looks a MILLION times better than it did before. Let me remind you of what the bathroom looked like before....


Yep, pret-ty classy.

So I began. I had to patch a couple spots in the drywall and scrape off old sealant tape around the tub surround that looked like it had been there for quite some time. Oh yeah, it even had hair in it. Not ours. Cool. 


Then the paint happened. 


That was the point where I stopped and thought to myself "What if Zachary hates this? What if I'm just wasting my time?" But then I thought "Meh, it already looks better even half painted, just go for it." 

Here is a nice side-by-side to show you the dramatic change. Huzzah! I'm so glad I went with it and finished it off. Just a few more little touches here and there and I can consider it complete! :) 

PS. Zachary loves it. Some of our friends miss the forest. You win some you lose some. 

4 comments:

Amanda Kaye said...

Amy this looks great!!! You could be the next hot thing on Pintrest :)I think small spaces like that can be extra bold. I love when other people do it, but I also get too scared. And I hate, hate, hate the debate about what colors to pick...I always am changing my mind. But you won the battle with this quick number!

The Rowley's said...

Love it! You are one brave lady but it turned out so good! We've already talked about my fear of colors...youve inspired me!

Thomas, Katie, & Ellie said...

I love it! It makes me wish I had something to paint teal...

Anonymous said...

I like it alot better! Good job!