Wednesday, March 28, 2012

let's talk about the Hunger Games.

Alrighty. I love me some Hunger Games. Seriously, maybe the best series I've ever read. Clearly I needed some midnight premiere action so I dragged Zac and our friends John and Whitney along with me and they weren't quite as enthusiastic as me... This picture pretty much sums up how they felt about it. The creepy hand is Zachary. 


We were in maybe the weirdest theater group of people ever. Nobody had any sense of humor at all, which I find fairly imperative in a large group of people sitting in close proximity for hours on end. One girl got up in front of everyone and said "May I have your attention please!" so everyone shuts up and looks at her thinking something exciting was about to happen and then she just goes "May the odds be ever in your favor" and scampers away... Whatever, do your own thing. If you want to be silly, do it. But everyone just STARED. and STARED. No reaction whatsoever. So John yells "TEAM JACOB!" just to be dumb and still NOTHING. Lame-o's. No giggles later either when John asked "Soooo, this is Harry Potter 8, right?" in the most convincing voice. 

Then the movie started. And at first I was really upset. That filming really got to me and I was so afraid that the whole movie would be like that, luckily once the reaping was over I was good to go. I'll just make a few important points of how I felt about the movie.... *SPOILER ALERT*

>I feel like the cast was absolutely PERFECT. I loved Peeta & Katniss' chemistry! I die!
>Watching the movie, I was really bugged about how they completely eliminated Madge and the Mockingjay pin was given (back) to her by Prim but the more I sit on it, the more I'm ok with how they changed it. I understand the story needed to fit into a theatrical timeline. I'm still not sure about how I feel on the amount of Foxface we saw. Too little? Maybe.
>What was with the careers being all flirty and snuggley?! There is no hint of romance in the book between them and I was bugged that they felt the need to add that
>Is it weird that I found Seneca Crane super attractive? {EDITED: at first I wrote Caesar Flickerman, and I love Stanley Tucci and all but I find him more funny than attractive. Sorry man!}
>Haymitch schmoozing for the sponsors was weirdly touching. I love that they showed his effort to be "a part of the team"
>I have a big ol' girl crush on Elizabeth Banks. Seriously. Effie was perfection.
>I could have done with a lot more of the romance aspect between Peeta and Katniss. I wouldn't change the movie now that I have seen it, but I was hoping for more. I don't think Haymitch would have thought that was acceptable. And where was the stew!?
>Last one, the braid touch at the end when Katniss is counting. I. DIED. Peeta was so GOOD. I just want to scream I can't even handle it. And he didn't want to forget!!! Who can blame him?! Ugh. Just.... Love. Love it so much.





What were your thoughts? Team Peeta or Gale? Did it meet all of your expectations? 

3 comments:

Sonja said...

ok, so I know we have plans to chat about this later, but can I just say that I totally agree with you that I wished for more of the romance between Katniss and Peeta! I am totally team Peeta, always have been, always will be! (I refuse to be a hopper again like I was with the whole Edward to Jacob thing haha.) I was wondering the whole time if people who were watching the movie and hadn't read the book would be able to get all the tension and LOVE between them that Katniss is just in denial about for quite a while. It was my very favorite part of the book, of course! plus... YES! the braid thing... I also die. love you!

Meggan said...

Bryce was a sweety and let me drag him to the Hunger Games too. haha

I LOVED how they did the movie! I was skeptical of katniss when i first heard the cast list, but she did SUCH an amazing job! She was gorgeous but not overly girly/pretty, she was skinny but had enough curves to make it believable that she could run around and be tough. I know the media and a lot of my coworkers think that she should've look emaciated. I think that is soooo stupid! Why can't there for ONCE be a healthy weighted Celeb out there! haha sorry for the rant! anyway....

I also LOVED the braid touch!!! I died! They had great chemistry! I am team Peeta and was all through the books, but Gale is pretty dang cute in the movie! haha

I didn't like how they changed the pin thing either at first, but now i totally think that the way they did it was easier for people who didn't read the books to understand. Plus it added depth to Katniss and Prim's relationship.

I can't wait for the next ones!! XOXO

The Rowley's said...

Yay!! I found your blog! Mines private so if you want an invite... send me your email. Ps- I miss you!