Thursday, April 14, 2011

Obsessed.

I don't really fancy myself a master chef but I need to show you a little something. A little something that Emily and I might be obsessed with. Like, we've made this probably 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Mmm. Emily has dubbed it "Toasted Tuscan Salad" because it had no name, except delicious.

Start with a loaf of sourdough bread. If I were an exact sort of person I would say that these are about 1 inch pieces but really, just cut it into bite sized chunks. Lay it out evenly on a cookie sheet and toast it under the broiler.

Photobucket


I had to add this picture because I'm incredibly proud of how lightly toasted these pieces are. Usually, we forget them in the oven and they burn a little (or a lot, sometimes. whoops.)
Photobucket


Cut up some tomatoes, fresh mozzarella , and FRESH basil! Again, just bite sized chunks, whatever floats your boat.
Photobucket


Toss it all with some sea salt and good olive oil (it really does matter if it's a nicer kind of oil, we weren't as impressed when we used the really cheap stuff) and devour it all. Because that's what we do. But for real, this stuff is so delicious and summer-y it makes me so anxious for fresh veggies and herbs this summer!
Photobucket

P.S. We moved! (Our 4th move in our 11 months of marriage.) I swear I will post about it, but food was more important.

No comments: