Tuesday, April 24, 2012

my melissa.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love my beautiful stepmom Melissa? Because I do. In fact, I even hate the term stepmom. She is my Lissy Mom. She has loved Kylee and I as her very own for the twenty years that she has been married to my dad. She is truly incredible. 



Unfortunately Heavenly Father gives us trials, I feel like the biggest ones come when we least expect them. Melissa, my darling Lissy Mom, has been diagnosed with breast cancer. It is spreading quickly and everything is happening in such a blur that it's hard to describe the emotions that are coming and going and causing me to crumble into a pile of tears in mere seconds. I hate thinking of the pain that she is going through, the fear she is feeling, the bravery she has to summon each and every day... 

I know Melissa will get through this. She is a strong woman. I just ask for prayers. Prayers for the doctors to be able to best diagnose what she needs, for the family to remain strong and confident during this crazy time, for Melissa to feel calm and blessed. There is a big mountain that still needs to be climbed, but as my dad said, we'll all get to the top and the view will be amazing and even more appreciated. 


Lis, I love you. We're all rooting for you! 

8 comments:

Julie Clark said...

She is a wonderful woman. Richard and I both felt a connection to your parents at the wedding. Please offer her our support and we will keep her constantly in our prayers.

Annette said...

I don't think you meant to make me cry, but you did. I love my sister, Melissa, too. She's going to beat this. Thank you for posting such a beautiful tribute.

~Aunt Burnette

The Rowley's said...

Prayers going your way dear! Im sorry for this trial you and yours have to endure. Love ya!!

Kylee said...

I love you sis! This is very well said! I love you!

Cauleen said...

Melissa is one of the strongest, bravest, women I know. She can beat this! When she tended my babies, she loved them like they were her own. No one in Goshen has a bigger heart than she! My mom is a breast cancer survivor, and as her daughter, I can tell you, its not an easy journey, for her or you, but Heavenly Father won't forget those who love and trust Him.

Cauleen said...

Melissa is one of the strongest, bravest, women I know. She can beat this! When she tended my babies, she loved them like they were her own. No one in Goshen has a bigger heart than she! My mom is a breast cancer survivor, and as her daughter, I can tell you, its not an easy journey, for her or you, but Heavenly Father won't forget those who love and trust Him.

Unknown said...

Love Lis so much. She's one of the best people I have ever known. Praying for her and all you guys. Love you Ams.

Sydney said...

This breaks my heart. But I'm so inspired by what you said about your stepmom. She seems like an amazing and strong woman. I will keep her in my prayers.